As any church, also St John the Baptist is involved in many activities, some purely faith related and others constituting outreach into the community we serve. More still are required to ‘run’ the church as organisation.
- Messy Church – held in the Memorial Hall for the very smallest and mums and dads.
- House Groups – held monthly or some even more often. An opportunity to gather with a small group during weekdays to discuss faith related topics and/or bible study.
- Capel Lunches – an opportunity for the people in the village to meet and enjoy a meal together. Usually once a month on a Thursday
- Teas in Church – hugely popular and regular occasion with visitor numbers sometimes in the hundreds. A great oppportunity for outreach. (Late spring to Christmas – look out for the signs)
- Coffee & Croissants – Friday mornings, typically attended by parents after having dropped of the children at school
- PCC – Parish Church Council
- Friends of St John the Baptist – our support group dedicated to fund raising for the upkeep of the building. It is a registered charity. It’s most conspicuous activity is the annual Capel Classic Car and Bike Show. This event has become enormously successful over the years with around 600 Classic exhibits every year.